Radisson Resort Gold Coast to Be Re-branded As Mercure Gold Coast Resort
Accor will take over the Radisson Resort Gold Coast from 18th December and re-brand the hotel to Mercure Gold Coast Resort. The hotel is Accors 200th in Australia. Accor was appointed managers of the resort by GC Hotel Management.
The resort boasts a prime location in the Gold Coast’s “Green Belt”, within easy driving distance of the Gold Coast’s legendary beaches, as well as the Springbrook – Mt Tamborine rainforest area. With the recent opening of a new extension of the freeway, the resort is just over 20 minutes to Gold Coast’s airport, less than an hour from Brisbane and within easy driving distance of Gold Coast’s theme parks, Metricon Stadium, Skilled Park and the Robina business centre.
The resort is affiliated with five championship golf courses, including the adjacent world-class Palm Meadows course, which has hosted a wide range of international tournaments over the last 25 years.
Guests have access to the hotel's extensive resort facilities, including a day spa, driving range, two outdoor pools, four floodlit tennis courts, a fully equipped gymnasium, sauna and an outdoor spa.
One of the Gold Coast’s leading conference venues
The resort is particularly well designed for conferences, events, incentives, weddings and other functions, with a capacity for up to 700 delegates. Facilities include 10 versatile conference rooms and three outdoor venues.
Announcing the new contract, Accor Pacific Chief Operating Officer, Simon McGrath, said it was a fitting hotel to celebrate such a major milestone for the group.
“For Accor it is a very strategic new addition to the network, both because it represents a significant landmark for Accor’s expansion in Australia, and also because it adds to the group’s portfolio in the Gold Coast,” he said.
“The addition of the Mercure Resort will allow us to cater for growing demand in the mid-market, especially for conferences, events and groups.”
Accor is Australia’s largest hotel group, debuting in 1991. The group is represented in every State, Territory and capital city, as well in most of Australia’s large regional centres and resort locations. Mercure is one of the leading hotel brands in Australia, with over 30 hotels and 5,000 rooms.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- AccorHotels Opens Pullman & Ibis Styles Hotels at Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport
- AccorHotels Acquires 43 Hotels in France for 281 Million
- AccorHotels Acquires Naming Rights for Bercy Arena in Paris
- Accorhotels Pledges to Employ 35% Women Hotel Managers by the End Of 2017
- Novotel IKIA and Ibis IKIA Hotels Announced for Tehran
- The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas Sold For $64 Million
- Tropicana Entertainment Announces Plans for Multi-Million Dollar Land Based Gaming Development at Tropicana Evansville
- Hotel North Woods in Lake Placid Joins Ascend Hotel Collection
- HVS Update - Four Key Takeaways 2015 North America Tourism & Hospitality Investment Conference (NATHIC)
- Diamond Resorts International to Acquire Intrawest Resort Club Group for $85 Million