Radisson Resort Gold Coast to Be Re-branded As Mercure Gold Coast Resort
Accor will take over the Radisson Resort Gold Coast from 18th December and re-brand the hotel to Mercure Gold Coast Resort. The hotel is Accors 200th in Australia. Accor was appointed managers of the resort by GC Hotel Management.
The resort boasts a prime location in the Gold Coast’s “Green Belt”, within easy driving distance of the Gold Coast’s legendary beaches, as well as the Springbrook – Mt Tamborine rainforest area. With the recent opening of a new extension of the freeway, the resort is just over 20 minutes to Gold Coast’s airport, less than an hour from Brisbane and within easy driving distance of Gold Coast’s theme parks, Metricon Stadium, Skilled Park and the Robina business centre.
The resort is affiliated with five championship golf courses, including the adjacent world-class Palm Meadows course, which has hosted a wide range of international tournaments over the last 25 years.
Guests have access to the hotel's extensive resort facilities, including a day spa, driving range, two outdoor pools, four floodlit tennis courts, a fully equipped gymnasium, sauna and an outdoor spa.
One of the Gold Coast’s leading conference venues
The resort is particularly well designed for conferences, events, incentives, weddings and other functions, with a capacity for up to 700 delegates. Facilities include 10 versatile conference rooms and three outdoor venues.
Announcing the new contract, Accor Pacific Chief Operating Officer, Simon McGrath, said it was a fitting hotel to celebrate such a major milestone for the group.
“For Accor it is a very strategic new addition to the network, both because it represents a significant landmark for Accor’s expansion in Australia, and also because it adds to the group’s portfolio in the Gold Coast,” he said.
“The addition of the Mercure Resort will allow us to cater for growing demand in the mid-market, especially for conferences, events and groups.”
Accor is Australia’s largest hotel group, debuting in 1991. The group is represented in every State, Territory and capital city, as well in most of Australia’s large regional centres and resort locations. Mercure is one of the leading hotel brands in Australia, with over 30 hotels and 5,000 rooms.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Accor Announces Sale & Franchise-Back of Seven Hotels in the United Kingdom and Ireland for 38 Million
- Accor Sells 29 Hotels in Germany and the Netherlands Under a 234 Million Sales & Franchise-back Agreement
- Ibis Lille Centre Grand Palais Opens
- Accor Acquires E-Commerce Solutions Provider FASTBOOKING
- PLANET 21: an Approach Based on Continuous Progress
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence Cape Town Announced for Late 2016
- LaPlaya Beach Resort and LaPlaya Beach Club in Naples, FL Sold for $185.5 Million
- Belmond Sells Stake in Hotel Ritz by Belmond in Madrid
- New Conrad Chicago Announced for Spring 2016
- Varro Launches RealShares Online Real Estate Investment Platform, Opens Hotel-Focused Fund