U.S. Hotel Pipeline for September 2012 Decreases 8.3% over 2011
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report.
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report. This represents an 8.3-percent decrease in the number of rooms in the total active pipeline compared to September 2011. The total active pipeline data includes projects in the In Construction, Final Planning and Planning stages but does not include projects in the Pre-Planning stage.
Among the Top 10 Markets by rooms in the In Construction phase, Los Angeles-Long Beach, California, reported the largest increase in rooms under construction, rising 208.2 percent with 1,005 rooms. Four other markets reported increases in rooms under construction of more than 10 percent: Denver, Colorado (+105.8 percent with 1,245 rooms); Atlanta, Georgia (+81.2% with 685 rooms); Chicago, Illinois (+67.8 percent with 1,775 rooms); and New York, New York (+27.2 percent with 9,354 rooms). Washington, D.C., reported the largest decrease in rooms under construction, falling 87.6 percent to 2,948 rooms.
STR provides clients—including hotel operators, developers, financiers, analysts and suppliers to the hotel industry—access to hotel research with regular and custom reports covering North America, Mexico and Caribbean. STR provides a single source of global hotel data covering daily and monthly performance data, forecasts, annual profitability, pipeline and census information. STR founded the STR family of companies and is proudly associated with STR Global, RRC and HotelNewsNow.com. For more information, please visit www.str.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Positive Results for US Hotel Industry for Week Ending May 16th - 2015
- Positive Performance Metrics for Canadian Hotel Industry Week Ending 16 May 2015
- Amanda Hite Selected As a 40 Under 40 Emerging Leader
- Caribbean And Mexico Hotel Development Pipeline Increases 11.4% in April 2015
- U.S. Hotel Construction Pipeline for April 2015 Up 15.2% over 2014
- Average Daily Rate Growth for U.S. Hotels Expected to Accelerate in 2016
- Fifty-Three Percent of Employers Offering Summer Jobs Have Openings That Pay Twice the Federal Minimum Wage, According to Annual CareerBuilder Job Forecast
- Video - 2015 Trends in the U.S. Hotel Industry
- HVS Market Report - Trends and Opportunities South America 2014 - 2015 (PDF Download)
- Hotel Bulletin Q1 2015 - By AlixPartners, AM:PM and HVS (PDF Download)