U.S. Hotel Pipeline for September 2012 Decreases 8.3% over 2011
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report.
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report. This represents an 8.3-percent decrease in the number of rooms in the total active pipeline compared to September 2011. The total active pipeline data includes projects in the In Construction, Final Planning and Planning stages but does not include projects in the Pre-Planning stage.
Among the Top 10 Markets by rooms in the In Construction phase, Los Angeles-Long Beach, California, reported the largest increase in rooms under construction, rising 208.2 percent with 1,005 rooms. Four other markets reported increases in rooms under construction of more than 10 percent: Denver, Colorado (+105.8 percent with 1,245 rooms); Atlanta, Georgia (+81.2% with 685 rooms); Chicago, Illinois (+67.8 percent with 1,775 rooms); and New York, New York (+27.2 percent with 9,354 rooms). Washington, D.C., reported the largest decrease in rooms under construction, falling 87.6 percent to 2,948 rooms.
STR provides clients—including hotel operators, developers, financiers, analysts and suppliers to the hotel industry—access to hotel research with regular and custom reports covering North America, Mexico and Caribbean. STR provides a single source of global hotel data covering daily and monthly performance data, forecasts, annual profitability, pipeline and census information. STR founded the STR family of companies and is proudly associated with STR Global, RRC and HotelNewsNow.com. For more information, please visit www.str.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Positive Results for US Hotel Industry for Week Ending June 27th - 2015
- Positive Performance Metrics for Canadian Hotel Industry Week Ending 27 June 2015
- STR Celebrates 30 Years As Leader in Hotel Benchmarking
- Mostly Positive Results for US Hotel Industry for Week Ending June 20th - 2015
- Positive Performance Metrics for Canadian Hotel Industry Week Ending 20 June 2015
- U.S. June Unemployment Rate Declines to 5.3%
- Single-Use Virtual Accounts Gaining Popularity Among Business Travelers
- Moxie Study Reveals 70 Percent Of Americans Who Booked Travel Online Would Like The Option Of Live Chat
- MENA Chain Hotels Market Review - May 2015
- HVS Greater China Update - 4th Quarter 2014 (PDF Download)