U.S. Hotel Pipeline for September 2012 Decreases 8.3% over 2011
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report.
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report. This represents an 8.3-percent decrease in the number of rooms in the total active pipeline compared to September 2011. The total active pipeline data includes projects in the In Construction, Final Planning and Planning stages but does not include projects in the Pre-Planning stage.
Among the Top 10 Markets by rooms in the In Construction phase, Los Angeles-Long Beach, California, reported the largest increase in rooms under construction, rising 208.2 percent with 1,005 rooms. Four other markets reported increases in rooms under construction of more than 10 percent: Denver, Colorado (+105.8 percent with 1,245 rooms); Atlanta, Georgia (+81.2% with 685 rooms); Chicago, Illinois (+67.8 percent with 1,775 rooms); and New York, New York (+27.2 percent with 9,354 rooms). Washington, D.C., reported the largest decrease in rooms under construction, falling 87.6 percent to 2,948 rooms.
STR provides clients—including hotel operators, developers, financiers, analysts and suppliers to the hotel industry—access to hotel research with regular and custom reports covering North America, Mexico and Caribbean. STR provides a single source of global hotel data covering daily and monthly performance data, forecasts, annual profitability, pipeline and census information. STR founded the STR family of companies and is proudly associated with STR Global, RRC and HotelNewsNow.com. For more information, please visit www.str.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- STR's SHARE Center Announces Winner and Finalists of Inaugural Market Study Competition
- U.S. Hotel Industry Projected to Experience Continued Y-O-Y Performance Increases Through 2016
- Baird/STR Stock Index Up 10 Percent for October 2015
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 1.6 Percent to 69.1 Percent During October 2015
- Elizabeth Randall-Winkle Named Chief Strategy Officer for STR
- AARP Unveils the 2016 Top 7 Travel Trends for Baby Boomers
- Negative October 2015 Performance Metrics for Hotel Industry in Middle East And Africa
- Positive October 2015 Performance Metrics for Hotel Industry in Asia Pacific Region
- Positive October 2015 Performance Metrics for Hotel Industry in European Region
- Positive October 2015 Performance for Hotel Industry in Americas Region