U.S. Hotel Pipeline for September 2012 Decreases 8.3% over 2011
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report.
The total active U.S. hotel development pipeline comprises 2,598 projects totaling 289,145 rooms, according to the September 2012 STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report. This represents an 8.3-percent decrease in the number of rooms in the total active pipeline compared to September 2011. The total active pipeline data includes projects in the In Construction, Final Planning and Planning stages but does not include projects in the Pre-Planning stage.
Among the Top 10 Markets by rooms in the In Construction phase, Los Angeles-Long Beach, California, reported the largest increase in rooms under construction, rising 208.2 percent with 1,005 rooms. Four other markets reported increases in rooms under construction of more than 10 percent: Denver, Colorado (+105.8 percent with 1,245 rooms); Atlanta, Georgia (+81.2% with 685 rooms); Chicago, Illinois (+67.8 percent with 1,775 rooms); and New York, New York (+27.2 percent with 9,354 rooms). Washington, D.C., reported the largest decrease in rooms under construction, falling 87.6 percent to 2,948 rooms.
STR provides clients—including hotel operators, developers, financiers, analysts and suppliers to the hotel industry—access to hotel research with regular and custom reports covering North America, Mexico and Caribbean. STR provides a single source of global hotel data covering daily and monthly performance data, forecasts, annual profitability, pipeline and census information. STR founded the STR family of companies and is proudly associated with STR Global, RRC and HotelNewsNow.com. For more information, please visit www.str.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Positive Results for US Hotel Industry for Week Ending August 22nd - 2015
- Mixed Performance Metrics for Canadian Hotel Industry Week Ending 22 August 2015
- Baird/STR Stock Index Down 1.4% for July 2015
- US Hotel Occupancy Increases 2.3% to 75.3% During July 2015
- Positive Results for US Hotel Industry for Week Ending August 15th - 2015
- Positive July 2015 Performance for Hotel Industry in Asia Pacific Region
- Creative Capital: Financing Hotels Via EB-5
- Positive July 2015 Performance Metrics for Hotel Industry in Middle East And Africa
- CareerBuilder Survey Looks at How Career Expectations Differ Between the Current and Future Workforce
- Positive July 2015 Performance Metrics for Hotel Industry in European Region